Pages

Bathmatwatch: Day 4



The bright sunlight that hampered me yesterday worked in my favour today. As soon as I got to the top of the road I could see that not only was the bath mat still there, but that it had moved slightly. Approximately five degrees of anticlockwise rotation has been applied to it. How this has occurred, I can only speculate, but I can't rule out the possibility that somebody trod on or somehow tripped over or kicked the bath mat. Interaction with a medium-sized to large dog is also a theory that I am considering.

And for those that are concerned that I am somehow faking all this to make my life look more interesting, I asked for the name of a common household object in yesterday's comments box that I would photograph next to the bath mat to prove that the photograph was taken after that suggestion was made. Here is the bath mat next to a bar of soap. You will see that the shadows are all in the correct places, unlike on those dodgy moon landing pictures.



Seeing the bath mat like this has made me question my earlier 'Born Free' attitude towards it. Perhaps I was wrong to anthropomorphise it in this way, and the smell of Imperial Leather so close by actually made it yearn to be trodden on by clean bare wet feet once more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment