Pages

Back to the Rat Race...

My last sight of Dade was in semi darkness and muffled by sleeply eyes - it was 4.30am! after only 2 hours sleep - and off I headed to find out how easy it was to flag down a taxi in the middle of the night in Madrid...

Well easier than I though actually, and definetly easier than last time (back in December) aye Dade? :-) . I was in a taxi ny 4.34 and at the airport by 4.45... DAMN! Check-in didn't open till 5.30! So much for the 30min drive to the airport! Thanks Rob!! So instead of having another 45mins sleep next to Dade, I ended up sleeping on the airport floor next to strangers (as I wasn't the only one but boy was I pleased I didn't take up the suggestion to catch the last Metro out to the airport (at 1.30) and sleep there the night...) Anyway, checked in opened, I checked in and then tried to catch another couple of hours kip in the departure lounge, then on the flight... Got back to England with relative ease, no missing luggage this time, and even out into the terminal before my lift arrived. Managed to make it home in time to dump my bags, freshen up and then head to work at the restaurant at for midday....

It was going to be a long day - longer than I thought I discovered when I saw the rota at work and found out I was actually working till 10pm, not just 7pm as I had thought! Well no time like the present to dive straight back into the rat race is there? (And those that know me know I like to be busy, especially when I am trying not to think about what a wonderful week I had last week, and the fact that I don't know when I'll next get to spend even just a day with Dade...) (But Babes, you ARE worth it and you know if I could be there I would...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment