Pages

...Meanwhile, back in London...

Compared to Dade’s adventurous weekend, mine seems rather dull. But I wanted to post something so you know I am still around… (since this is carrie-dade.blogspot.com after all and we are still Carrie & Dade, despite the annoyingly obvious physical distance which separates us for the time being…)

As usual, whilst major upheaval is going on in my mind and life, the world just keeps ticking by as dependable as a best mate, but a lot less sympathetic…

Since Dade left 37 hours ago (I am NOT counting I just know what time he left! HONEST!) I’ve worked 3 shifts at the restaurant, all of which were unusually quiet – it seems that the entire population of London has left for Easter – not that I blame them, the weather has been amazing and I was feeling rather jealous of Dade being in Spain and near the beach (until I read his blog update that is!)… Whilst I’ve been out slaving, our ever considerate housemates have unfortunately not left London for Easter however but have instead been staging a mammoth drinking session, which still continues…. We are on night 4 now but I am not even going to go into my feelings on that subject! My only respite this evening is, though the beer is still flowing, their heads seem a little more sensitive than previous evenings so the music is not rocking the house. YAY, I may be able to actually sleep! (Dade, you’re not the only one who had a sleepless night last night!)….

ANYWAY! This is not meant to be a negative blog entry, as negativity gets us nowhere… So here are three thought that I am focusing on right now…

“Whatever does not destroy us makes us stronger“
(Did not want to use this one, wanted something a bit more poetic, but nothing else actually sums this up as well!)

SO…

“Our real problem, then, is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow.”

AND FINALLY…

“Nothing is difficult in the eyes of a lover”

0 comments:

Post a Comment