Pages

Now I Know How Samuel L Jackson and Laurence Fishburne Feel

A friend of my girlfriend’s from Germany has come to stay. Yesterday we were talking about my work.

“That children’s show you wrote? It is still on in Germany.”

“Oh, that’s great.”

“Ja, it’s very popular. All the kids love it.”

“That’s really nice to hear.”

“Me and my friends watch it as well. It’s very funny.”

“That’s great. I love putting little jokes in that grown-ups will appreciate as well.”

“It’s – how you say? A cult?”

“A cult? Really? Wow.”

“And all the toy shops are full of the toys.”

“That’s fantastic – maybe they’ll even make some more episodes.”

“Ja. I hope so. You could say that Germany loves Spongebob.”

Which would have been the most amazing thing to hear... if I had written Spongebob Squarepants instead of a completely different show, one of whose characters bore a slight, superficial resemblance to one of Spongebob’s friends.

Perhaps I could show her my Fawlty Towers videos and tell her which ones of those I wrote.

0 comments:

Post a Comment