Pages

Vitamin D More Important Than I Knew

Who needs vitamin D? If you have struggled with weight loss; have Diabetes, Parkinson's, cancer, including skin, breast, ovarian, prostrate, and numerous others; have psoriasis; have thyroid disease; are depressed or suffer from mental illness; have cataracts or other eye diseases, including macular degeneration; and the list goes on and on—you need probably need vitamin D. In fact, the Vitamin D Council thinks that more than 85 percent of the population is vitamin D deficient. 


According to the council:

"Technically not a 'vitamin,' vitamin D is in a class by itself. Its metabolic product, calcitriol, is actually a secosteroid hormone that is the key that unlocks binding sites on the human genome. The human genome contains more than 2,700 binding sites for calcitriol; those binding sites are near genes involved in virtually every known major disease of humans.

"Current research has implicated vitamin D deficiency as a major factor in the pathology of at least 17 varieties of cancer as well as heart disease, stroke, hypertension, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, depression, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, muscle weakness, muscle wasting, birth defects, periodontal disease, and more."

The council goes on to say that benefits of vitamin D to our health can no longer be ignored.

For me, vitamin D was the miracle I was looking for. After some research, I decided to take 10,000 IUs per day for four weeks. Then lower it to 5,000 per day. I started this on Monday. I have lost 8 pounds since then. And I swear I can see better. Further, I have what I thought was Meniere's disease—a static sound in my right ear. It's virtually gone. My sense of smell is improved, too. My skin looks and feels better. I have more energy than I've had in years. I feel lighter. 

While many may think my little "experiment" is crazy, the council says it's harder to overdose on vitamin D than we have been lead to believe. Some people may be more sensitive than others, but most people can handle an initial larger dose with no problem. 

Do some research about vitamin D. Many doctor's and health care professionals are becoming aware of how important vitamin D is. While some will continue to hang onto the old philosophy, many are now checking people for vitamin D deficiency. If you think you are deficient, have your doctor check you out. The council, however, recommends starting with a dose 5,000 IUs and then getting checked. 

Check the councils' web site for more information: vitamindcouncil.org. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment