Pages

Build it and they will come

Having worked hard on getting the look and feel of my new website - KRYSALIS PHOTOGRAPHY right, I kinda hoped it would start the ball rolling and enquiries coming in. Sadly, I have gotten more calls from bloody advertising agents than anyone else. I must start being firmer and saying no, straight away - "does that sound like something you would be interested in, Mr Freeman" grrrrrrrr.

Given that things were trickling in I did decide that maybe it was worth having some paid advertising but what, where and with whom?! One company did a mighty fine job of persuading me they were the right people for me and their offer was not unbelievable and seemed fair enough - damn my spidey-sense!!! It turned out all they wanted was my bank details then took it upon themselves to empty my account without consent, stupid me!
So I still need the advertising but not sure I want to go down this road again, hmmmmm.

I have had my work up in a few places now too, not sure how much interest that's driving, I'll give it another week and go find out. Adverts in shops and business windows doesn't seemed to have brought in anything either, but it is getting the name out there, at least I hope it is!? 
What is the best approach!? I no longer understand Google and their ranking system, which they dont allow you to know where you are? Stupid if you ask me, if they are going to rank you, you should be able to see where you come and why.
I have done as much SEO stuff as I can, but I do feel its feeling my way around in the dark a bit too much. It would be nice to understand it properly, just for my own piece of mind. I think the site itself is simple, easy to navigate and fast loading, its the marketing side that's letting it down and unless you search for Krysalis Photography by name I doesn't seem to appear, and that's not good!!!!

So if anyone can offer any hints tips or advice PLEASE do so. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment