Pages

Digging up Buried Blunders

Well, I gained four pounds. And that puts me back at, gulp, 200 pounds. Thank God I'm still exercising. I have to get the eating under control. Yesterday I also ate some chicken noodle soup. That stuff contains so much salt. Ugh. Anyway, I think I know why I've been so out of control. The thing is, though, it happened 20 years ago.


After some great advice from of couple of you, I think I can figure out how to get some things off of my mind. I have already apologized for my indiscretion. Whether I'm forgiven, I don't really know. But the main thing I need to do is forgive myself. I don't have a time machine, and there's nothing I can do to change something that's already happened. The biggest thing is that I can't stand still in my life now because of something that happened 20 years ago.

So I know I need to let go of it. And the answer does not lie in the bottom of an ice cream cone. I think losing a lot of weight uncovered many of the reasons I got fat in the first place. And now I know that hiding under 100 pounds won't change anything. I still have some digging to do. And some forgiving to do. But I'm making headway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment