Pages

Just a Steel Town Girl on a Saturday Night

Oh yes, oh yes, it’s the return of the leg warmers. Wind-chill factors in the single digits returned to western PA in earnest this weekend and I’m bundling up. I’m 45 and I don’t care what I look like. Well, at least when it comes to staying warm.

When I bought my leg warmers last year (I found them in Macy’s of all places), I was teased mercilessly last year by a certain Californian as well as a hearty Minnesotan, who I thought would understand. But I stood my ground and wore my leg warmers on every frigid day and my body thanked me.

And it’s thanking me again right now as I sit typing in my living room, just as it thanked me this morning on a quick trip to the post office when I wore a hat, a fleece, a coat, a big white scarf, sweat pants over workout pants, and thick gloves. I looked a fright, but I was warm.

I’m hate being cold. It makes me cranky. But I’m thankful I have a coat and a scarf and gloves and leg warmers. So many people don’t, or what they have is inadequate. I’m sure as you’ve lost weight or once you got to goal, you had lots of clothes you donated to charity or gifted to someone in your family who needed them. But it’s easy to forget the seasonal clothes that you store in other closets, those places you don’t into very often. I forgot about a coat I had in the back of my closet last year. I saw it by chance and dug it out to give to our local coat drive. Do you maybe have an extra coat you forgot you had lurking in the back of your closet? An extra pair of mittens, perhaps? Just wondering. There are a lot of folks out there who’d be happy to take it off your hands.

Just a little PSA from your humble Steel Town Girl. Hope you are all warm and happy this Saturday night. Or maybe you’re out dancing in your leg warmers. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.

“She’s a maniac, maniac on the floor…” That song’s been in my head all day. Did I successfully lodge it into your head, too? hehe Sorry about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment