Pages

Since I Got This New Piano. . . .

Since the piano came along, I've been pretty lax in my posting. The nice thing about learning piano is that when I'm practicing, I'm not even thinking about eating. I'm concentrating on the song I'm trying to play. And believe me, at this point it's trying to play. But it's turned into such a wonderful experience. I didn't know it would be this satisfying. And to say something satisfies me besides food is a definite endorsement for learning something new. No matter your age or even your talent, give it a shot. You might be surprised. For the first time in my life, I can read music.

Also if you if take up music at an older age, it may prevent dementia. And if you have a family history of dementia--like an Uncle Joe who started peeing in the refrigerator after he turned 70 or an Aunt Bessie who started wondering around the neighborhood naked--and you're, oh, I don't know, say 50, you might want to consider taking up music.

I have been to the gym, and I'm watching what I'm eating. I haven't weighed myself in a while. But I will in good time. Probably after Christmas. Then I'll check the real damage.

I have to go to an orthopedic surgeon today to have the cyst on finger checked. I don't know if he'll actually do anything about it today or not. I suppose not. He'll probably set up another appointment to do that. I hope he can just drain it rather than an actual surgery.

It just occurred to me that I've actually used the word actual too many times in that last paragraph. But who really cares? I suppose if there's some copy editor out there reading this--M--she might be tempted to edit my post.

Last night I had the old "naked in public" dream. But it was combined with the "having to take a test that you're not prepared for" dream. So I feel exposed and unprepared for it I guess. I did run across this really nice guy who helped me find some clothes, though. So I guess it's not all bad. I was tyring to hide in the dark, and he said, "You're going to have to come out of there." And then I said, "But I'm naked. I don't have any clothes." At first he said, "I don't care. You've got to get out of there." But I begged him to help me, I said, "Can't you find me a big shirt or something to wear? Please." And he did. He actually found me a shirt and some underwear. Who said chivalry is dead? At least it isn't in my dreams.

OK. That's the most I've had to say in a while. I hope whatever happens today with my finger doesn't affect my typing too much. If not, I'll try to let you what happens. TTFN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment