Pages

I Plug a Friend's Book!!!

This is to tell you all the very exciting news that JonnyB, of the famous Private Secret Diary, has a book out called Sex & Bowls & Rock and Roll: How I Swapped My Rock Dreams for Village Greens. You probably knew that already, as my readers are pretty much an ever-dwindling subset of his, but in case there is anyone reading this that doesn't know that then you should go to his blog straight away and start reading (after you have finished here).

And while a lot of people would just copy one idea straight from their blog and pad it out to make a book, perhaps also flogging it to death on T-shirts and Christmas cards, JonnyB has taken the essence of his blog and pretty much written a whole new book, with a beginning and a middle and an end and everything. If you like the blog, you will love the book, and also not constantly be saying, "I have already read this bit" (unless you are re-reading the book). Plus it has chapter titles which reference things like Cardiacs songs.

I feel a bit like a midwife with this book. It wasn't my idea, I didn't carry it as it grew inside me, and I haven't gone through any kind of labour to produce it. All I did was say a few encouraging things along the way, then right at the end I stuck my hand up its foofoo and had a rummage. For which I am mentioned in the acknowledgements - woohoo!

There is nothing more to say except that it is very very very very funny, and that you should buy it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment