Pages

My Personal Contract with Myself and You

The other day someone asked me what motivates me to continue on my weight loss journey. For me, it's that I don't want to die. I was on my way to some serious health problems. I felt terrible. I looked terrible. Walking was a chore. Now I feel like I've gone back in time a little bit. I can get around easier. And as most of the people who read this blog know, my husband died when he was 47 years old. So it's a fact that death doesn't wait until you're ready for it.

Also, I made a commitment to myself to meet my goal. It may take me awhile, but I intend to do it. I have days when I think it would be easier to give up. It would certainly be a lot less work. But then I wouldn't feel good anymore.

Every time I write about making a commitment, it reinforces the commitment. Some think that you should make a personal contract with yourself and sign it. I have made my commitment in a public forum. And I don't want to look silly in the long run. So I keep my commitment.

I hope what I write here helps you. I'll see you again soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment