Pages

The frog and the fog

I wasn't mentally or physically prepared for this week. The main reason is I was working from another schedule which told me I was off this week. But a comment made by a PD made me double check and I soon realised I was working from an out of date schedule and I WAS actually due to be working this week, oops!

Luckily some plans I was considering: a trip to the UK, were never finalised. Maybe later in the year Huss?!

Anyway, on Saturday I made my way to the tapas meet. I'm becoming more confused with the purpose of the tapas meeting. As far as I am aware, it is for the Anglos to meet and greet each other prior to the program; yet more and more often I am seeing some of them simply don't show up until the Sunday morning (if at all) or actually meet us at the venue. Now I don't mind so much but after some long winded discussions about the point of the tapas meet and the flexibility of meeting at the venue and being told NO fullstop, the rules don't apply to others it seems?!

I really enjoy what I do, and, what an opportunity I have here to meet such wonderful people. There is always an odd personality to contend with and always issues in any job, but more and more I am seeing too many issues for my liking.

A vast difference in the levels this week made it difficult for everyone to follow along at the same pace, as you have to try to cater to them all, which was not possible. The best option was to aim for middle ground but some of the lower levels still struggled with this.
The quiz was challenging for all, myself included; as I was left to run the 2 hours activity alone.

The theatre was enjoyed, but I am sure not actually understood properly; as a day later one of the participants got the joke. It happens (even in English) ;)
So I ditched the sketches and opted for a more linguistic medium instead such as poems, stories and jokes etc. We had lots of energy from Steve and some great ideas such as the sketch - The green eye of the little yellow God (which can be seen below, sadly the video ends before the sketch did).

The group themselves were very keen on talking; in fact too much at times, like when you needed silence, lol. But lots of intellectuals, teachers and professionals from all over, but mainly Australia!

The weather in Salamanca has started to turn for sure, grey clouds are moving in, earlier darker nights and much more rain: goodbye summer :-S

The photos of the week can be found below

Vaughan Town - Salamanca - Program 185

On a personal note: I'm finding it increasingly harder to keep 'up' on some programs.
I found this week harder than it ought to be for MANY reasons. The reality I fear maybe Vaughan Town has ran its course for me and it's time to move on and I simply need to face that fact or maybe I really do need that holiday afterall?


The green eye of the little yellow God

0 comments:

Post a Comment