Pages

Publicity? You Want Publicity? Here's My Publicity :)

For this blog, I direct you to my new page: "Haven't I Seen You Somewhere?"

I've wanted to put together a list of my publicity for new readers of Lynn's Weigh for some time now, but I've dragged my feet. Why I don't know. Maybe because it all feels kind of...gauche. I mean, I'm very grateful for the publicity because it's helped build a "community of weight losers" of which I'm honored to be a part, and I've "met" so many people who want and strive to change their physical and/or emotional well beings.

There's just something about the singular focus of publicity that makes me uncomfortable. Behind that smile is a lot of anxiety. The same anxiety I've fought for years. "Am I good enough?" and "I shouldn't be here" and "Who do you think you are, Lynn?" are the lines I fed to my head whenever I faced a camera. Yet something inside me said, "Shut up!" and I did it anyway.

Sometimes the best thing we can tell ourselves is to shut up. Shut. Up. Only then can we procede to do what we strived to do in the first place.

Here's to striving, my fellow weight losers. May you find your face on Oprah or People or Today or in your own "I Did It!" diary some day. It's all...ALL...possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment