Pages

Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream

Last night I had one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. Now, I've been known to have a mystical dream or two in my time, but this one was really, well, weird. In my dream, I was in a house with some other people for a little a while, but don't recall much about that part. What does stand out, however, was when I was transported to road that curved off into the mountains.

I was standing there looking down the road. I remember being afraid. Once you started down the road, you could come back only up to a point. Once you got passed a certain spot—there was no turning back. When you started down the road, there was a place where you would become one with everything. I got to a point where I was beginning to see "where I needed to go." However, the fear overwhelmed me, and I ran back to where I had started.

When you walked into "this place" that was on the road, you could begin to see the outlines of human-like figures. I found out later that they were spirits. You had to be careful, though, because not all of the spirits in this place had your best interests at heart. In fact, some of them were there to fool you. You were best off if you could find your lost loved ones to guide you. Once you got so far, though, you were no longer in control. And you had to give yourself over the power that was there. I was too afraid to give up my control.

The road had been built a long time ago. And it had been built so well that it would never need repair. You can find this road anytime during your life. It's always there. And you know where it is.

I can't really put into words everything that this dream meant. It was strange. I think I know what it means. But I'm still too afraid to get beyond my need to control everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment