Pages

And the Winner Is… (And I Need Your Advice)

Thank you to all of you who entered a comment to win “Half-Assed: A Weigh-Loss Memoir” by Jennette Fulda. While I wish I could give all of you a copy, the winner is Stacey! Congrats, Stacey. (Note to Stacey: Please send me an email with your address so I can contact the publisher who will send you your book.)

Now go out and buy “Half-Assed” because it’s good J //word

Reminder: You have until Friday to enter a comment in my blog entry Blogcleaning: Follow-Up, Book Review/Giveaway, and Smoothies! to win Joy Bauer’s new book, “Joy’s LIFE Diet.”

-----------------------------
Now, on to my dilemma.

I was first alerted to diet scammers/fake bloggers when I read PastaQueen’s blog entry: My Four Year Fativersary and A Warning About Scammers. I had no idea so many fake sites were out there selling those stupid acai berry/colon cleanse diets. (For a comprehensive list, go to the site Jennette linked to: Weight Loss Weapons.Com: Arming You One Post at a Time.)

Now I find myself LINKED on a fake diet blog site! My original website, the one I used as a journal while losing weight, Lynn’s Journey, is listed on the fake website Helen’s Diet. I get dozens of hits a day from it, too, which has me concerned that people coming to my site from the fake site might think I endorse berry/colon diets.

I feel like I’m in a catch-22. If I post something on Lynn’s Journey about not endorsing acai berry diets or colon cleanse diets (in fact, I find them reprehensible), thus trying to defend my good name, will it encourage people to seek out such diets?

Jennette was kind enough to help me with an html script I can add to my site that will tell people who find my site via the b-word Helen that I do not endorse such diets, but I’m wondering if I need to make some kind of short announcement on the home page, too.

I don’t know what to do, folks. Any advice?

Another scam that Cranky Fitness wrote about a few weeks ago was the One Rule for a Flat Stomach scam. Read Cranky’s blog entry here so you won’t be tempted to click on that ad when you see it.

Thanks for your help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment