Pages

the quest for knowledge


It's currently -22C (-8F) outside with a windchill of -27C (-17F). Compared to the last couple of days, it's positively balmy.


My spouse came home today with a yearning to do a science experiment. It involved a spray bottle full of boiling water and very cold temperatures. We had ready access to both.

My oldest son and my spouse went outside on our back porch to freeze in the interest of science (my youngest was having none of it, preferring to remain indoors and watch science unfold onscreen, via The Magic School Bus). The results were actually pretty cool.


Apparently, it's cold enough out to freeze boiling water in mid-air.


Note the pained look on my son's face. He'd insisted on going outside without a coat or hat and was paying the price.



Honestly, this man missed his calling. He would have made a great teacher.


0 comments:

Post a Comment