Pages

Resisting Temptation, Struggling with Identity

It snowed here last night so I didn't get up and go to the gym. But I did do an old Power 90 workout. It's about 30 minutes of resistance work. I have to do something everyday, even if I don't go to the gym.

The diet is going well. I resisted several temptations yesterday--like French fries, ice cream, and cookies. I feel like I've lost a lot of fluid--according to the scale at least two pounds. I also have a friend who's helping me. He lost more than 100 pounds about five years ago. He knows how to turn on the guilt trips. But it works. And believe it or not, I appreciate it.

I'm still struggling with self worth. I don't feel like I have much to live for all by myself. My dogs and my girls need me. So I live for them. I guess I need to learn how to live for myself. I got confirmation from WVU's Creative Arts Center about the piano class I signed up for. So I guess it's going to happen, unless there's some unforeseeable event. But believe me, "the journey to me" is a long difficult one.

I've spent most of my life taking care of other people. And most of them haven't appreciated it. They've expected it. And the truth is, I don't think I know how to take care of myself. So I'm working on that. And the piano is helping.

Tomorrow Caleb goes to the vet for the Big Cut. Poor thing has no idea what's going to happen to him. I told him: "Enjoy 'em while you've got 'em." There he is, lounging on the floor, not a care.

I think my baby niece may have an ear infection. I hope she'll be OK. I worry about those babies so much.

OK. I need to get to work.

P.S. The finger is doing well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment