Pages

Another Day, Another Book Winner

It’s Friday which means I’ve drawn a winner of “Joy’s LIFE Diet” book. Congratulations, Donna! You’re the winner! Please send me an email with your address and I’ll get it out to you right away.

Thank you everyone for posting a comment to try and win. I like giving stuff away, so hopefully I’ll get the chance again real soon.

Also, a big thank you to all of you for lending such supportive advice about my website being linked on a fake weight-loss blogger’s site (or as Crabby McSlacker put it, I have “colonic cleansing cooties!”). I’m taking advantage of the free advertising (let the fakers cough up the advertising bucks!). When people click on my site from the fake site, they are greeted with a “I don’t endorse berry or colon cleansing diets...but welcome to my site…” note and hopefully they’ll be encouraged to do safe and healthy weight loss rather than a quick fix.

Speaking of winners…

As part of my resolution to try a new recipe every week, I made Spicy Peanut Slaw Wednesday night and thought I’d pass it on. I found the recipe on Bell Plantation’s website (they make my beloved PB2, powdered peanut butter) and it was contributed by Kristina Landgraf.

I’d dragged my feet for months with making this. For some reason the ingredients didn’t seem like they’d go together. But I was really in the mood for something spicy and Asian, so I figured I’d give it a try and it would be cheap to throw together. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t feel guilty throwing it away.

However…not only did I like it, my husband liked it, and I couldn’t wait to get up Thursday morning and eat the leftovers for breakfast! A heads up, though. This is best served within a few hours of making it. It was OK the next day, but a little runny.

Spicy Peanut Slaw

1 1/2 tbsp. PB2 (just the powder; don’t mix it with water)
1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger (I used ¼ tsp ground ginger from a jar)
1 chopped green onion
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. sour cream (I used fat-free)
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1- 2 packets Splenda (I used a packet of stevia which is about ½ tsp.)
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (I used 1/8 tsp.)
3 cups shredded coleslaw/carrot mix (I used broccoli slaw)
1 tbsp. chopped peanuts

Wisk first eight ingredients together in large bowl. Add slaw, mix well, and top with peanuts. Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. If you like it a little sweeter, add more sweetener. More sour? Less sweetener.

Here’s the Points low-down. Making it like I did with fat-free sour cream, the entire salad is 3 Points or 1 Point divided into three servings. By omitting the chopped peanuts, the entire salad is 2 points or 0 points divided into 3 servings.

Happy Friday! See ya’ll again in a few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment