Pages

South of the Border, Down Mexico Way

Well, this weekend was certainly interesting, if nothing else. It started out bad, but got better. I now have a plan for my future. I'm going to live in Mexico. How am I going to do that? You ask. I'm going to work as a caretaker for rich people. All I have to do is live in their house and get paid for it. I can spend the remaining time doing freelance writing, maybe photography.

OK. This isn't something I can just pack up and go do tomorrow. I have several things to work out. My niece will live in my house here and take care of it. That's about all I have worked out for now. But hey, it's a start. I'm hoping to get most stuff figured out in the next year, and then it's, "adios."

I haven't been this happy or excited in a long time. I have nothing holding me here so there's no reason to stick around. And I don't want to spend my life being tortured doing some day-to-day unrewarding job. While I was married, I lived a routine life. After Al died, I kind of curled up and lived life in a fetal position. I can't do it anymore. Now, I need something more than a job I have to go to every morning. I'm 50. I still have 20 to 30 years left of this life. I don't want to be on my death bed saying, "I wish I had. . . ." Sometimes you've got to do your dreams.

I made it to the gym this morning. The diet is going OK. I feel good. It was actually easier than it's been in a couple of months to get up this morning. I felt more energized while I was working out. Having something to look forward to has done a strange thing to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment