Pages

Keeping Resolutions, Reflecting on Life

I wanted to have something to say today, but I've don't have any revelations to share. In fact, I feel kind of blank. I would like to offer you a link to an article I wrote: Real Ways to Deal with Stress. I has some good ideas about coping with stress.

Continuing to Resolve
I'm working on keeping my resolutions. Tomorrow morning I'm going to start going to a pilates class. I used to do pilates all the time when I was much younger. As I recall, I liked it. On Wednesday, we're having a Zumba demonstration at work. They've asked that we dress comfortably so I guess we get to participate. I'm never really clear on what people mean by demonstrate. Do they mean we're just supposed to watch? Or do they mean we're going to show you how by having you do it?

Still Reflecting
Last week's weather really put me in a funk. I watched another episode of This Emotional Life today--I recorded it. It wasn't actually on. Anyway, one of the points they made was that your happiness depends on you. It comes down to how you deal with life's ups and downs. It depends on your ability to forgive. Your resilience. That's a simple summation of the show, but that was the basic premise. They did say, however, that our social relationships were, in the end, the key to happiness.

I thought about how many times I've laughed out loud when in the company of friends and family. And then how many times I've laughed out loud when I'm alone. I don't think I have to tell you how that comparison worked out. I'm still reflecting on that as well.

Considering Volumetrics

The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories

I've been reading some other blogs--like I said I would. And one of the diets people are talking about is the Volumetrics diet. This looks like a plan I could follow. Here's the gist of the plan, according to the New York Post, foods that are high in density (calories) have a lot of calories per bite. Foods low in density provide fewer calories and, therefore, you can eat more of them. So rather than cutting a meal in half, you could eat a large portion of fruit or vegetables for the same amount of calories. You're more satisfied and you lose weight. So, I'm looking into it. I'll let you know how it goes.


Winner Announced Tomorrow
Later today I'm going to draw the winner of my giveaway. I'll announce the winner tomorrow. Also, don't forget: you still have plenty of time to enter the Progresso Souper You contest. I think the prize--a makeover in New York City--is pretty cool.

So that's it for today. But, heck, that's a lot for someone who said she didn't have anything to say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment