Pages

B at Maroons!

After living in NYC for 3 years, I finally made it to Maroons - a New York City restaurant that holds the title for serving up some of the best Caribbean/Soul food this side of the Mason-Dixon.

This sophisticated, yet charming spot is nestled in an unexpected residential Chelsea block. The restaurant manages to retain an intimate feel although it's quite spacious relative to other neighboring businesses.

White linens , exposed brick, candlelight and small scale tables make this the perfect place for get-deep convo with the girls, or a get-to-know-you date.

A pre-dinner drink (eh hem - dessert) is a must. This sweet treat was topped with a rose petal!

You eat with your eyes first, and the restaurant featured provocative pieces by talented artist Renaldo (more coming soon).


Did I mention they're famous for their fried chicken? The title is well deserved.
(I had a leftover leg and thigh that I gave to a homeless man on 23rd street. He thanked me for it, started eating it, and came and found me 10 minutes later to thank me again saying "damn, that was some good chicken - god bless you." Real talk.)

This is a definite must-try restaurant if you haven't been already. Hey, you might see me there for Round 2...

Check Maroons out for yourself: 244 W. 16th St.

0 comments:

Post a Comment