Pages

Life and Vitamin D

I’m sitting outside on the porch on an old white-painted bent-branch chair, my laptop’s perched on my lap, there’s thunder rumbling in the distance, and I just ate a pickle. My dogs are afraid of thunder and so they’re lying around my feet. Our female dog, Mathilda, has a nervous stomach and it’s making all kinds of gurgling noises. I empathize. My stomach turns upside down when I’m stressed, too.

I’m eating colors tonight. I just had green beans and green peppers while waiting for the carrots and squash to roast. Wearing my 2002 glasses because I can’t find the other ones, I’m monitoring the plastic bowls sitting on my living room floor filling up with water dripping down from the ceiling. If I thought food and gas was expensive, wait until I get the estimate on a new roof.

I’m really missing missing George Carlin right now.

I just took my third calcium/vitamin D tablet of the day. Can they BE any bigger and harder to swallow? Anyway…I have a vitamin D deficiency and the more I read about vitamin D, the more I realize how important it is. Check out this article on CNN: “Vitamin D is hot! Here’s how to get it.” I’m still period free – 17 months and counting – and my doctor is concerned my lack of vitamin D could be the culprit, given everything else checks out just fine.

Who knows?

The lightening is kind of scary now and so I’m moving back inside. There’s a cutie foreign guy named Sven on “Jeopardy”. I think I need to check him…I mean the show out. Just wanted to give you a heads up on vitamin D. And my leaky roof. Life in general.

0 comments:

Post a Comment