Pages

Hello, Hello, It's Good to Be Back

I know, it has been a while. I have been busy with a number of writing projects that I have not wanted to turn down. Also, I don't know whether I have mentioned that I HAVE A LOVELY BABY!

But here are some highlights of the past few weeks:


  • I took a taxi and for the first time in my life I had a taxi driver tell me whom he’d had in the back of his cab recently. Even more exciting was the fact that it was Nadine Velazquez (Catalina from My Name Is Earl). But I didn’t pretend to drop my wallet and use it as an excuse to bend down and sniff the seat, and anyone who says I did is lying.

  • I found that I have a Forgettable Face when twice in the space of a week people who I had met before claimed not to have met me.

  • I realised that the Oxford Road Show was a show from Oxford Road, not a roadshow from Oxford.

  • I saw a heart in a tree:


  • And I saw an abandoned book on Feng Shui:

    I like the way it doesn't quite line up straight with the wall.

  • And I saw a man asleep on a train:


  • And I went to the Edinburgh Museum of Childhood and saw a stencil kit from the 1960s:

    Look! It is a swastika! Perfect for doing a nice border in a room that you might have a Nazi-themed orgy in.

More soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment