Pages

Birthdays, Hamstrings, and Black Holes

I am now officially 50 years old. I don't feel a day over 102. I spent my birthday with my girls. They are, as always, a hoot. The day was good.

My leg is still stiff and sore. Sometimes I think it's getting better, then in the next breath it starts hurting again. I think I'm just going to have to rest it for a while whether I like it or not. I haven't been to the gym in four days now. But I've read that it could take two weeks. I guess I could still do upper body exercises in the mean time. My leg is swollen now, too. So I guess I've not really taken very good care of it. I better take care of it now, or it will just get worse later.

I watched a program about black holes on NOVA over the weekend. A black hole has so much energy that it can suck anything that gets too close it into its core. I've known people like that--you know, it's the "it's all about me" syndrome. You spend so much time tending to their needs that yours are completely forgotten. And these people usually don't realize that they are the root of their own problems. Anyway. . . .

Scientists now believe that every galaxy has a black hole which may be the energy from which the galaxy began--remnants of a big bang. A big bang is believed to be the implosion of a gigantic star. Anyway, most of the science is completely over my head, but I have general understanding of what they believe has occurred. So why am I bringing this up? Because I have a question. If the universe is finite, what does it make up? But if it infinite, what does that mean? In other words, does it come to some sort of boundary? Or not?

OK.

Well, I do have some errands to run today. And I am 50 now, so it will take me longer than it used to. And that's supposed to be a joke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment