Pages

I'm Expecting Something

Last night I dreamed I was pregnant again. I've had this dream a couple of times now. It's kind of weird. I couldn't believe I was pregnant. I keep thinking, "How can this be? I'm 50 years old. How can I get pregnant when I'm menopausal?"

Then this guy comes up to me and says, "Is it sore around your belly button?"

I say, "Yes."

He says, "Then you're pregnant."

OK. I begin to accept that I'm pregnant—even if the pregnancy test is a little odd. So what is it that I'm expecting? Something that I thought was an impossibility. At first it's kind of scary, but then I accept that it's real. I'm going to give birth. To what? That may sound like an odd question, but I have no idea what it is that I'm currently incubating. What's growing inside me? What I'm sure of is that I don't know.
Today I'm really hungry. It's going to be hard to contain my appetite. I guess that goes along with being pregnant. At least I have an excuse. I'm kidding, of course.

The long weekend was welcome. I could use a few more. Tonight I'm going to a comedy show. Ralphie May is coming to Morgantown. This should be fun.

I hit the gym again this morning. I did the intensive interval workout. Today it was hard after the long break. But I managed it get through it.

And tomorrow will be another day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment