Pages

Obsession

I just finished eating apple slices with way too much peanut butter on them. I am mentally exhausted. And I think I'm becoming agoraphobic. That's the phobia where you don't want to leave your house, isn't it? I need to go buy dog food, but I'm so very tired. And the thought of "going out there" is making me cringe.

I've worn myself ragged worrying about things that I can't do anything about. But that's what I do. I cannot be responsible for what someone else does or doesn't do. Some people are just not very trustworthy. That's the long and short of it, as my dear departed mother used to say. But I worry nonetheless. Actually I obsess.

I've taken the past couple of weeks to reevaluate myself. And I've come to some conclusions about me. I'm obessive compulsive--meaning I compulsively do things and then obsess about them. I've been obsessing about at least two things for this entire month, and now I'm physically sick. I have a headache. My stomach is churning. My neck is stiff. And you know what? My obsessing hasn't helped either thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment