Pages

I Got A Lot of Wants

Aerobics this morning was hard. Toward the end of the week, I'm tired and it takes all I have to make through class. But I did it. Tomorrow is Friday and then I get a break for a couple of days.


I have so much work to do around the house, and I'm not getting anything done. The summer is flying by, and my living room walls are still in disrepair. I wish I had a lot of money so I could just hire someone to do all of the work that needs done. I know what I'd like to do, but I don't have the resources. I want to do a plank ceiling throughout the house to give it more of a cottage feel and look. I'd like to have recessed lighting in the kitchen. I want to rip out all of the paneling, then insulate the walls and put up a vapor barrier and then drywall. I'm thinking I'd like new kitchen cabinets, but I could get away without them for now. I want a tiled back splash and a hardwood floor in the kitchen. And I want a new dishwasher. I want new interior doors throughout, including the closets. I want a new backdoor. I want crown molding and new baseboards. I want a new ceiling fan in the living room, one in the kitchen, and one in my bedroom. I want my hardwood floors refinished. I want to remodel the basement.

Those are a lot of wants, aren't they? But you know what? Mostly I just sit around and think about how great the house could look. I also want new windows and siding. And a two-car garage. I want a new fence around the backyard. I want a deck off the back of the house. I want landscaping. Is all of this asking too much? Probably.

Anyway, as usual the exercise part of my program is going well. The diet still needs a lot of work. If they would just stop making anything out of chocolate, I'd stand a chance.

Today I am filled with "wants." I wish I could find a way to achieve everything I want to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment