Pages

Should I be committed? Ha, ha, ha

This what I started to write on July 4. When my little nieces showed up though, I stopped and didn't come back to it, until now:

"Today is Independence Day. And it's raining and will rain all day, so says the Weather Channel. "I don't know what this will do to my time with the girls. When they come to my house, they "look forward to playing outside. But it looks like that won't happen. So what will we do?

"I'm working on getting my commitment to my diet back. That commitment is the only way I'm "going to move forward. The exercise I've got down pat. It's that whole eating thing though. I "get so hungry. I usually eat things that are good for me. But I eat too much of them. "Sometimes I am truly physically hungry. Other times, though, I really don't think I can make "that claim. I am emotionally hungry. I am lonely. And that's really hard for me to admit. I miss "Al. Yeah, that's right. I still miss him. I wish I would've let him know how much I really cared "when he was still alive."

And all of this is still true. I have been working on my diet for the past two days. I'm doing pretty well. But I'm hungry. I completed that exhaustive interval workout this morning. And when I got to work, I was hungry. This is going to be tricky. How can I stay focused on eating a certain number of calories when I'm working out like this? I know it's the only way to lose the remaining weight. And I want to do that—seriously I really do.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with a nutritionist who focuses on the emotional side of overeating. Maybe I can get to the bottom why I've been overeating most of my life—it just didn't have the effect that it has until I got older. Now the slightest indulgence shows up everywhere on my body.

OK. I had so much I wanted to say, but now I can't remember half of it.

I'm being professional at work. That's the best I can do. And it appears to be working out.

Someone tried to call me Friday night using a calling card. And a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from a "wireless caller." Two unidentified calls. I don't answer the phone if I don't know who it is. Then it kills me that I don't know who it is. I start thinking that maybe it was someone I really wanted to talk to. Why do I over think everything?

OK. I have no great stories to tell today. So I'll be on my way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment