Pages

This Injury Will be the Death of Me

Yesterday, I had 1947 calories, way too many. I walked for 45 minutes with my boys. Today will be better.

After yesterday's walk, I realized my leg was, again, aching. I guess I'll have to go to a physical therapist, like it or not. I've not gone to gym all week in hope that it heals. I thought this would be a good time to recover since I'm trying to socialize the new puppy to my house. (He loves his big yard. And Chance is his hero.) But I guess I shouldn't have walked them so soon. But I really wanted to get them out, and I wanted to do a practice walk around the neighborhood to see how it would go.

Of course, it was a huge pain in the ass, requiring some real juggling skill. I had to switch leashes from hand to hand, sometimes in midair. I also had to be adept at securely holding one leash under my foot while untangling another leash from the legs of the other dog. It was quite a trip. I'm rethinking the whole retractable-leash thing. At moments, I felt like I was fishing--you know having to reel them in. So maybe two long leashes will workout better. Anyway. . . .

More later.


Post Script: I did some reading about hamstring injuries. It turns out that if your quadriceps are stronger than your hamstrings, you're more likely to experience hamstring strain. A remedy for this is retro walking a.k.a. walking backwards. It works. I went home for lunch and walked the boys. I walked backward up every hill we came to. I finally feel some relief in my hamstring. In fact, it's such a relief that it almost felt ticklish. Who knew?

0 comments:

Post a Comment